We recognise that certain customers are at greater risk of poor outcomes when dealing with their finances and vulnerability can arise for a wide range of reasons.
No matter what support you need, or situation you’re facing, we’re here to help in any way we can. We know there’s no one-size-fits-all approach, so we’ll take the time to understand your needs and respond with sensitivity, respect and compassion.
Here are just some of the ways we’re committed to supporting our customers:
- We promise to remain open and approachable, and to listen and respond to our customers with sensitivity and respect
- We’ll treat every customer as an individual and do everything we can to understand and support their needs
- Our policies, products and services will be regularly reviewed and updated, to help improve the overall customer experience
- Our colleagues will be provided with the skills and training they need to support all customers
- Our communications will remain clear, accessible and easy to understand
- If further help is needed, we’ll signpost to other relevant organisations, such as charities and advice services
Further ways we can help you
Power of attorney
To find out what steps you need to take to register a power of attorney to an account, please go to our power of attorney page.
Bereavement help and support
There can be a lot to think about when you lose someone close to you. That’s why we’ve put together an overview of important things you need to consider during this difficult time.
Protecting yourself against fraud and scams
On our protecting yourself against fraud and scams leaflet you can learn how to spot a scam and keep your money safe, as well as know the risks, look out for the tell-tale signs, and have peace of mind when managing your finances.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of managing your account, or want to speak to someone about any extra support you need, there are a variety of ways you can contact us:
- Call us on 0800 032 9999 to speak to someone in confidence
- Write to us at Charter Savings Bank, PO Box 855, Wallsend, NE28 5BL
Email us at [email protected]
Please only use email for general enquiries or to request a call back. As email isn't a secure channel, please don't include any sensitive or financial information in any messages you send. Please download our Protecting yourself against fraud and scams leaflet for more information.
- Alternatively, if you’re an existing customer with an online account, you can contact us using secure message.
The details you provide to us will be used sensitively to help us support you with managing your account and in line with our Privacy Notice, which you can view at www.chartersavingsbank.co.uk/Legal/PrivacyNotice. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about how we process your personal information when you contact us.
Power of attorney
To find out more information about a power of attorney, please visit www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney.
If you’ve been a victim of financial abuse, UK Finance’s guide “It’s your money” provides information on what support is available to you.
Further support and advice
We’ve compiled a list of organisations who have the expertise, skills and knowledge and provide the support or advice you might need. Download our guide on “Where you can go for help” here
Accessing our services
Using our website
Improving our website accessibility is an ongoing priority for us, to ensure we keep up to date with website standards and enhancements in technology. Please tell us if you’re experiencing any difficulties through your preferred communication method with us.
We can produce large print, audio and Braille versions of our documents if required. Using the contact details above, just let us know which version is best for you.