Proud sponsors of Coventry Rugby’s Project:500 initiative
Charter Savings Bank has proudly sponsored Project:500 for the last two years, one of the many initiatives run by Coventry Rugby Club which concentrates on supporting youngsters in the community.
Since the scheme launched in 2019, we’ve had the privilege of being involved from the very beginning and we’ve marvelled at how much it’s grown and evolved, especially considering the uncertainty of COVID-19 and lockdowns.
During school holidays around 80-90 children can attend a free activity camp, where they can try their hand at different sports, receive help and be mentored by Coventry’s experienced coaches, and receive 2 meals each day.
Children attending the camp start with a healthy breakfast, choosing from a wide assortment of cereals and fruits, before heading out onto the pitch to take part in a variety of different sports throughout the day including cricket, basketball, football and of course rugby.
The Coventry coaches lead the way in helping the children learn new skills, socialise with other children and keep active during the holidays. After a morning full of fun activities, everyone receives a hot nutritious lunch to recharge their energy levels ready for the afternoon session.
At the end of the camp, all of the children receive a Charter Savings Bank goody bag plus a week’s worth of food, which makes a real difference to them and their families.
One of the newest members of the coaching team, Matthew Swords, said:
“It was a brilliant first experience of the Project:500 initiative, and it has aided my understanding and ability to coach massively. To be part of a club that is doing good and helping our local community in such a unique way is something very special, and I’m proud to be involved.”
Popular posts like this
- How Project:500 is building a brighter future for local children
- Coventry Rugby Club: Rugby & Reading, and Rugby in Schools Partnership
- Coventry Netball make an impact through the power of sport
- Coventry Rugby Club continues to nurture young talent
- Charter Savings Bank works with Wolves Play Café to support local families
- Supporting female rugby players
- Celebrating female progression in rugby
- You voted us Online Savings Provider of the Year
- 100 local children benefit from professional rugby coaching
- Charter Savings Bank helps Play Cafe make a difference to local children
- Bringing Rugby & Reading to life at Colmore School
- Rugby & Reading: Players edition
- Proud sponsors of Coventry Rugby’s Project:500 initiative
- A lot of people doing a little, is better than a few people doing a lot
- Customers vote Charter Savings Bank Best Online Savings Provider for third year in a row
- Charter Savings Bank strikes twice at the Moneynet Awards
- Charter Savings Bank named one of the UK’s most inspiring companies
- Wolverhampton firm tops Sunday Times list
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Your eligible deposits held by a UK establishment of Charter Savings Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered. Please click here for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk.