What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other devices when you access the internet.
Why are cookies essential to our website?
The cookies we use do not provide your personal information to us and they can’t be used by us to identify you.
Types of cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type.
|Strictly necessary cookies
||These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
They are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like forms and internet banking, cannot be provided.
||These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
They collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
||These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
They allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect will be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
||What it does
||When it expires
||There are a number of servers that support our website. This cookie ensures that users are split equally between these servers and stops traffic building up on one particular server and slowing down the service.
||This cookie ensures your session stays on one server during your visit. Without this you would be disconnected from the server on a regular basis.
||This is a security cookie that ensures that your session has not been tampered with.
||This cookie is used to remember you while you are logged in and move about the savings website.
||This cookie is used to remember you while you are logged in so that you don’t need to keep re-entering your information as you move about the savings website.
|These cookies are used to make sure it's only you navigating through your session. It checks that no one else is accessing the same session from a different browser, such as potential fraudsters.
||This cookie is used to confirm that you've been authenticated.
||This cookie is a Security Token used for authentication purposes.
||This cookie is used by the ‘remember me’ login function.
||1 year, renews on each authentication
||This cookie is used to maintain your session as you navigate through the website.
If you would like to delete or enable any of these cookies then please see the ‘How do I disable / enable cookies?’ section.
The analytics services we use
Google Analytics collects standard internet log information to track visitor behaviour information as follows:
- Audience related data, including the city and country of origin, language preference, frequency of visits, all a visitor’s activity during a single session, operating system, service provider and device used to access the website.
- Traffic source data, including the ways visitors arrive at our website (for example search engines, referrals from other sites, marketing campaigns, and social media), keyword visitors entered into a search engine which brought them to our website, and the landing and exit page used by which a visitor enters and leaves our website.
- Content related data, including measuring user visits and page views to determine the site’s most popular content. Technical performance of the site as measured by such elements as average time taken to load a page and server speed, and technical performance broken down further by country and web browser.
- The information generated by cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address, truncated to ensure your anonymity) is transmitted to Google. This information is used to compile statistical reports on the website’s activities and enhance the user online experience. If you like to know more about IP Anonymisation in Analytics by Google, please visit
- For information on the names of the cookies and about how these cookies are used please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en-ALL/policies/privacy/.
Cloudflare cookies are in place for security reasons. This cookie collects data in order to identify malicious visitors, reduce the chance of blocking legitimate users, and to provide customised services. For information on the names of the cookies and about how these cookies are used please visit Cloudflare Cookie.
How do I disable / enable cookies?
You can manage your cookies within your browser settings however turning these off may impact your experience on our website.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Your eligible deposits with Charter Savings Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme,
the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered. Please click here for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk.