Rugby & Reading: Players edition
Charter Savings Bank is now three years into its partnership with Coventry Rugby Club, and during that time we’ve helped hundreds of disadvantaged children across Coventry and the wider West Midlands area to gain access to sport, nutrition and education through initiatives like Project:500, Rugby & Reading, and Rugby in Schools coaching sessions.
The popular initiatives enable children aged 5-11 to exercise both the body and mind, with Coventry’s first team players going into schools to read with children, coach children during sessions with schools in the local community, and provide nutritional insight and free meals through half term camps.
To celebrate the anniversary of our partnership with the Coventry Rugby Foundation, we performed a turnover at Butts Park and asked some of Coventry’s championship players to tackle their own Rugby and Reading sessions, led by commentary from experienced coaches Alex Rae and James Scaysbrook.
In the video above, you’ll see three rounds of skills challenges at Butts Park, including scrum half distribution with Joe Snow and Josh Barton, kicking with fly-halves Evan Mitchell and Tony Fenner, and line-outs with Joe Richardson and Suva Ma’asi.
Popular posts like this
- How Project:500 is building a brighter future for local children
- Coventry Rugby Club: Rugby & Reading, and Rugby in Schools Partnership
- Coventry Netball make an impact through the power of sport
- Coventry Rugby Club continues to nurture young talent
- Charter Savings Bank works with Wolves Play Café to support local families
- Supporting female rugby players
- Celebrating female progression in rugby
- You voted us Online Savings Provider of the Year
- 100 local children benefit from professional rugby coaching
- Charter Savings Bank helps Play Cafe make a difference to local children
- Bringing Rugby & Reading to life at Colmore School
- Rugby & Reading: Players edition
- Proud sponsors of Coventry Rugby’s Project:500 initiative
- A lot of people doing a little, is better than a few people doing a lot
- Customers vote Charter Savings Bank Best Online Savings Provider for third year in a row
- Charter Savings Bank strikes twice at the Moneynet Awards
- Charter Savings Bank named one of the UK’s most inspiring companies
- Wolverhampton firm tops Sunday Times list
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Your eligible deposits held by a UK establishment of Charter Savings Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered. Please click here for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk.